Sunday 17 January 2016

What if? A poem by Osigwe Benjamin


WHAT IF?

What if I left
In the middle of a sucking night
And leave no foot prints
To be retraced?
Will my crafted pictures
Still be in your heart?
What If doors after doors
Are shut at my face
And at every turn
A hand waves (farewell)
Will I be that same man
You promised a part of your heart?
What If I got lost
In the battle field
Of forgotten memories
Where men embrace the unseen
And their souls are kissed by flying bullets
Will you wish to own me back again?
What if am an illusion
But, well illustrated in your mind
Will you wish
To be forever drowned in illusion?
Or what if
I bake you sweet words
From the depth of an insane mind
Will you wish for more words of mine?
But what if the world decides
To feast on my skull
Will you freely will me to them?
And what if these questions
Are all rhetorics?
Will you want them answered
So you can be forever planted
In my heart?
Osigwe Benjamin
2016
  


Osigwe Benjamin is one of the youngest Poetry Promoters in Nigeria. He is a written and performance poet. He was featured in the 16th
LAGOS BOOK AND ART FESTIVAL "LABAF" 2014, GreatPath media concert, Freedom Spoke Words, Be Blessed, and Fist (Feast) Of Words, and many other notable poetry events in Nigeria.

Some of his poems were featured
in BLACK COMMUNION POETRY ANTHOLOGY, and he was also on the EGC TOP 50Poets who rocked Nigeria in 2015.

Benjamin is the manager of "The Poetry Court" (thepoetrycourt.blogspot.com).
An online community of writers. A platform to support and promote written, spoken and performance poetry across the world.

Benjamin is also a poet who believes in poetry
for consciousness and social change, and thus advocate that poetry should move, speak and take actions through the pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment