Saturday 26 September 2015

Poem by: KEMISTREE



HELPLESSLY IN LOVE

This love won’t make me blink or fall asleep
It’s not a dream, it's reality lured out of fantasy
I’m helplessly in love with you

Do you know
that the sound of your laugh, is the antidote to the sickness of human race
Do you know,
That your titanic chest, is the road map to heaven's gate
it saturates my innermost being into a reckless gentle haste
It seized my brain for a thousand years in a day
And locked me into your presence from a distance
Far enough to beat the lacuna between Mercury and Neptune
Between morning and another shrouded dawn
Between genesis and end of eternity
This love exist in reality’s reality

I’m helplessly in love with you

Every moment I taste the memory that brings forth the image of your face
I experienced decades of bliss in one breath
Life cannot keep up with the game
‘Cos every time I gather my thoughts in your name
The hotness in mercury goes to rest
As the sun feast on my chest
For the sun, turns out less hot to compete against the fire of love that burns in me
You are the life that keep me breathing

I’m helplessly in love with you

My cautions live out of what the envious mouth of the world can say
Because not loving you would lead the moon astray
Not loving you will shatter the heart of heaven
Will cease a beauty from the rainbows' seven
No need to mouth a question
I’ve seen it all through the diamonds in your eyes, you are my vision

And I’m helplessly in love with you
I will keep singing this only truth
I’m helplessly in love with you

Every time you stare at me
Time loses concentration
The first time you gazed at me
The wall of Jericho crumbled down
Without singing Hallelujah

That intoxicated tune in your lung that calls only my name
Made the devil a born again
Those lines that made up your six packs
Rewrote history at a glance
And made me rise helplessly in love with you

When you finally decide to hang your doubts behind you
Let certain certainties find you
Before we communicate with God
Through the cut
I will bleed in love till forever dare to enter our court

I’m helplessly in love with you

When we kiss away our frights, the speed our tongues would go
Would prove that, AIR is not the fastest means of transportation, it’s not even close

You’re my finest player
I will be your goal keeper
You can score as many goals as you can
For I don’t mind
You are my peace of mind
You are the divinity that is hard to find
You are the passion that burns in my soul
You are my heaven, my entire goal

I’m helplessly in love with you

Love is a positive fight only true soul mates can win
You’re the mate of my soul, the only genuine source of good feeling
You are the disease; I don’t want to be freed from
Every time you confess your love for me, the child in me springs up
And put our present continuous love poems on re run

This love won’t make me blink or fall asleep
It’s not a dream, its reality’s reality
I’m honestly helpless in love with you.

Kemistree Bakare.

8 comments:

  1. Honestly, am helpless thinking how blessed your pen is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The metaphors in this poem supersede all metaphors I've MET AFORE. Creatively interlocked white-hot words accompanied by blazing hyperboles. KEMISTREE Is an awesome poet, a wonderful performer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like a Soldier you have liberated the Words used in your poem from the steadfast possession of definition! Nice one

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am reckessly in love with YOU **covers face with two hands**

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kemistree hmmmm. . .i reserve the rest

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your works . Superb very superb

    ReplyDelete